Friday, May 20, 2016

Sketch-y Friday with Team B

Hi there and happy Friday!

It is Laura here with you today sharing a sketch and the fabulous reveal from Team B!  Actually, today I have the privilege of sharing my 250th sketch designed especially for ScrapMuch? and I have hosted almost as many challenges for them here on their blog! But before I get on to the sharing part I wanted to hijack this post for a bit of a personal update.

This sketch also marks the final challenge that I will be hosting for ScrapMuch? as I am pairing down my online responsibilities to make more time to play, both creatively and otherwise.  My youngest will be finished school for the summer break in just a few weeks, and my husband will be started his 6 weeks of vacation shortly after that.  We have a lot of fun and home renos planned for this summer!  And then, the big excitement is my husband's retirement late this year.   This is what I am really prepping for, but the timing just seems right to step down from my ScrapMuch? duties now.
 
In the meantime, I will still be blogging for ScrapMuch? until the end of this month at which time I will be handing the reins back over to Elaine and Eileen.  It has been an honour to be a part of the ScrapMuch? team these last 6 years, the memories and friendships I have made are truly treasured.  I do believe the term bittersweet was created for just such times!  I have learned so much both artistically and with social media outlets, I know I never would have grown so much if I was not a part of this incredible team.

I do hope to be able to help out on occasion at various events - a gal has to get her girl time in!


Here is your final sketch from me....



And here is your Team B inspiration!


 Åsa
Sara

I also wanted to take a minute to thank both of our design teams for always making my sketches look so good by bringing them to life week after week.  I love seeing how you all interpret them!

Here is a run down of our Sketch-y Friday rules.  Just link up your creations in our sidebar to be entered into a random draw for our monthly prize.    You have until May 29th, at midnight to participate in any of this month's sketch challenges, each linkup tool will remain open until that date!  You may take some artistic license with your adaptation of the sketches, however if you choose to use a double page sketch for a single page layout you may only enter once per sketch, not once per side.

If you are playing along with more than one challenge you will need to link each of them up via a separate blog post for the link up tool to work. (International participants may be required to pay some shipping fees.)  Good luck, we cannot wait to see what you create!

 *note - If you are playing along using Flickr the team will no longer be leaving comments, due to changes in Flickr policies and passwords.  However, we will be checking out your entries for sure and you are definitely eligible for the prize draw. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for visiting!

17 comments:

  1. Laura, I always admire your sketches even though I never get to play around much. I wish you many happiness ahead and may you have many quality time with your family. Your sketches will be missed and so do you, too. All the best, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Laura!
    I have enjoyed all of your sketches & will truly miss them. You have given me much inspiration!
    Ladies I love what you have done with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bittersweet TGIF for sure! Laura your sweet words are even inspiring, we will truly miss your double sketches (very hard to find!) we'll see you around blog world xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sad that this is your last sketch Laura, but I wish you all the best with your new family adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee, I hope to see you up in my neck of the woods one day!

      Delete
  5. Right now, I am having some love-hate feelings! I love that you will get to enjoy your hubby's retirement, and hate missing your sketches! Thank you so much for some great inspiration, it was very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy for your kind words! You can still find new sketches form me on my blog or my challenges site if you are interested.

      Delete
  6. Thank you Laura for so many awesome sketches that have inspired all of us! I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you sketches Laura but I know you are looking forward to this time with your family. Enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura, Wow....250 sketches! Just imagine all the scrapbook pages you've helped inspire! Probably 1,000s of pages!!! Best wishes as you prepare for the summer adventures ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I hadn't thought of it like that! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  9. Thank you Laura :) It's always fun to do your sketches and I got a few done this month :) I wish you well and lots a fun ahead in your new adventures :)

    ReplyDelete