Sunday, May 1, 2016

Laura's Monthly Reveal

Laura here and I am so excited to share my monthly reveal today!  I was just thrilled when I opened my kit and discovered that I had received the following papers, stickers and a sheet of a silver striped acetate specialty paper from the Seven Paper Collection called Goldie, put out by American Crafts

 
and... 

 sparkly black enamel dots by the Eyelet Outlet



I am so in love with this colour combo!  It strikes me as funny that I may not have paid too much attention to this collection if I was shopping on my own, mainly because of how much black and white there is in it.  But the A sides are so full of gorgeous colour, just perfect for pulling us out of our winter funk and  I thoroughly enjoyed working with it it.

Create

For my first page, I chose to play with this fabulous triangular grid style paper, I just love it and it really holds it's own as far as interest is concerned so you do not need a whole lot of other papers. I have been waiting to scrap this photo that I snapped of the wall above the desk in my scrap room, taken after I had added a bunch of gold accents to my decor.


I couldn't resist adding this large glittery "create" word as my title, which has BIG impact and is oh so gorgeous! 


I knew I wanted this page to make bold and girly, so I created this large paper rosette from one of the vibrant patterned papers, and then nestled a few fussy cut flowers around it, adding enamel dots to the centres for extra pop!


On the other side of my photo, I added a few more fussy cut flowers, a doily and a couple of buttons from my stash as well as a little round ephemera piece from Jillibean Soup. I am sorry, I cannot remember where the flower pin came from, it had been sitting on my desk for quite some time waiting for just the right project to jump on to!


Now a gal can't have too much gold, so I added in a bit more using a stencil and some Heidi Swapp gold texture paste, it is so pretty!

I finished off my page by splattering some black Mr. Huey's mist around.

Say Cheese

I felt I should aim for a more masculine page for my next layout, but still wanted it to be fun, so I pulled out this photo of these three hams! 


I love the look of the silver acetate specialty paper, and wanted it to be a feature on my layout, I cut two equal sized strips and layered them in reverse, one on top of the other and slightly offset to create a grid pattern with them.


I used the stickers and enamel dots given to me to accent my page, but also pulled some old My Mind's Eye ephemera (from a previous ScrapMuch? DT kit) from my stash to adorn my page.



On Lake Time

Boy did the yellows in this collection ever speak to me, such a happy and sunshine-y colour!  And wow were the colours in this collection ever perfect for this photo of Timmy and I in our brightly coloured life jackets!  Even our t-shirts match!  I hope no one is getting board of my lake photos, I try to mix things up but this is a huge part of our summers.


I had this idea for this page, to use lots of patterns. So I die cut several different sized circles form a 5 x 12 piece of white cardstock.  Then I layered it over another piece of white cardstock measuring 12 x 12 that would act as my base page.  Next I sandwiched strips of a variety of patterns between the two layers.  Finally I added in some messy stitching within the circles for a bit of texture.

I balanced all of this pattern with some strips of pattern on the opposite side of my layout.

Next I determined where I wanted my photo to sit and then went in and added some white Gesso and water colour paints to peek out from behind it.


I was going to cut my title out of yellow cardstock but I already had a scrap of white on my Silhouette mat so I cut it our of that and coloured it with some Gelatos, it was so fun and easy and I love the look.


I embellished this page with some fussy cut flowers and enamel dot centres, some cork that I picked up at ScrapMuch? a long while back - one of which I painted yellow to coordinate with this collection  (I had been slowly using them up but as much as  love them I am glad to say this is the last of my stash - make room for something new!), the anchor ephemera is from Fancy Pants, you will also note small MME alphas and Tim Holtz rubons.



To finish off my page I sprinkled some teal Mr. Huey's around.

I also created this fun altered item for the ScrapMuch? booth at the recent Crop and Create event, it was super fun and quick to pull together.


The darling glittered word is by Pebbles, from their DIY line,, and came in a package of 6 chunky sparkly words that are perfect for layouts and other crafts.

I die cut the rest of the paper elements and adhered them all to this chalkboard heart that I picked up at the dollar store.  For about 15 minutes worth of work I created a super cute and inspirational home decor piece!

Supply List: American Crafts patterned paper, stickers and acetate paper; Eyelet Outlet enamel dots; Pebbles glittered words; Faber Castell Gesso; Leow's water colour paints; yellow Gelato; Heidi Swapp gold texture paste; black and teal Mr. Huey's; misc. buttons, doily and flower clip; MME, Jillibean Soup, Fancy Pants Designs and Amy Tangerine ephemera; MME chipboard; Staedtler pen; Uniball Signo white pen; Studio Calico cork; MME mini alphas; Tim Holtz rub ons.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment