Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tips and Techniques Wednesday - Stamp Block Fridge Magnet

Hi there!

I thought I would share this fun idea to make a stamp block fridge magnet.  It is actually a fun project to do with kids too.

I grabbed one of these thin cheap ($1.50 cheap) blocks.  Do not use a good thick one.

Then I covered the back with some pattern paper, adhering it so that my preferred side of paper would show through to the front.  I used a Xyron type product to adhere the paper.

Here is a peak at the back.
 
Then I added a tag, brads, and a few other embellishments to the front, along with my photo.
 
Some magnet strips are glued to the back.  I got this magnet in a roll from the dollar store.

hanging on the fridge.

It occurs to me now that I could have glued a a sweet little clip of some sort so that I could change up my little photo often.  maybe you can try that and let me know how it works!

side view

other side
 That's it, fun , easy and a great little project to do with your kiddies!  This might make a sweet little grandparents gift (you could get them done on a rainy day well in advance of September since that is a crazy, busy back to school month!)

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. So yesterday a package of Zoe's school pictures came home and they included a group of mini pictures. I said to myself...'what the heck am I going to do with all these small pictures???" You answered my question girlfriend!! Thanks for all your inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Mother's day idea for all those moms and grandmoms out there!! Let's make some magnets and make sure you send us what you create!!

    ReplyDelete