Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tips and Techniques Wednesday - Dutch Fold Card

Hi all,

Happy Hump Day!  Did you get to enjoy some time with your sweetie yesterday?

I thought I would share a fun card style as my tutorial today, I saw this idea on the Split Coast Stampers website.

 This is what your finished card will look like, of course you can put any image you wish on yours.

 The first step is to create a card base that measures 4 3/16 x 9.  You will notice this is just a smidge narrower that a typical card, but this will allow the second piece of the card base to line up nicely.  Score at 5.5", this will give you a 4 3/16 x 5.5 back and a 4 3/16 x 3.5 front piece.

 Next you will need a second piece of card stock measuring 2 x 8.5, and score this at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8".  Adhere this piece to the back of the card at the bottom, so that the two outer pieces wrap around the front.  Round the two bottom corners, if desired.

This is what your card base should look like now.

 Now adhere patterned paper to the bottom and top of the card front.

 Decorate and embellish as desired.

 Here is a end shot for a different view point for you.

 I even added a fun embellishment to the centre, because it looked so pretty there!


Thank you for stopping by my blog today, I really appreciate it when you come by to check on me!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment