Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Featured Customer

Hi all!


It's that time of the month again, you know ... my favourite time!  Today we are featuring another customer!  Meet Sarah Keyes......


Sarah is a fairly new scrapbooker and we met her at our last retreat.  Let's take a few minutes to get to know Sarah.....


1. How long have you been scrapbooking?I've been interested in scrapbooking for a couple of years, and started collecting supplies and reading magazines, but never found the time to start. My Mom has made a scrapbook for each of her grandchildren as their 2nd birthday present. When I expressed an interest in helping her with my youngest daughter's book, Mom took me along with her to ScrapMuch's last fall retreat as a birthday present. That's when I finally took the leap and completed my first layout. Now I'm hooked!

2. Do you also create hand made cards?
I've dabbled in cards for about 10 years. I prefer making invitations, Christmas cards, etc, where I can mass produce the same design. I struggle giving my cards away though - I just want to keep them for myself!
3. Who is your favourite subject to scrapbook?
Well, we're still working on Elizabeth's scrapbook (hopefully it will be done before she is three!) so she, and our family (my wife Shelley, and our five year olds, Tom & Lily) are pretty much the only focus of my scrapping right now.
 
4. Where do you find your scrapbooking inspiration?
I love seeing other people's work. It's a good thing scraplifting isn't a crime! The ScrapMuch blog, with the weekly sketches, and all of the inspiring photos, is a godsend for me. I'm also addicted to scrapbooking magazines.
 
5. Where do you scrapbook?
I've always dreamed of setting up a serious craft room in our finished attic, but until we clear out 5 years worth of kids clothing and baby equipment, I just have to make room wherever I can. Right now, most of my things are at my Mom's, so it can stay out and easily accessible when time permits, without little hands or fingers getting into it. I am really looking forward to the Spring Retreat, and being able to get serious about scrapping again, without worrying about being on Mama duty!
 
6. What is one of your current favourite products?
Hmmmm....this question is a stumper for some reason. I think I'm still in a honeymoon phase, and just adore everything I try!
 
7. Do you have a blog that we can share with our readers?
Oh my goodness! The last thing I need is another way to waste time on the computer with!!!!
 
And here are a few of Sarah's favourite layouts.....
This is a great example for putting 2 single page layouts beside each other in an album, if they coordinate (even though they are completely different) as these layouts do, the pages will flow nicely together.

Another great example of coordinating layouts.

Wow, way to go Sarah, such a great use of multiple photos.

This is a great concept to show the growth of your kiddies.

Love that Sarah used photos from two different time frames to show the bond between her daughters.

Another good example of family ties, with these photos of her little one and Papa, again incorporating photos from different time frames.

Thank you so much Sarah for being our Featured Customer this month!  I really appreciate it, and our readers love getting to know other scrappers!

If you or anyone you know would like to be a featured customer, please send me an email here.   You can expect to receive a confirmation email, then a few weeks before your turn a second email detailing what we would need from you.  Sign up today to be placed on the list, we are looking for someone to feature for April and beyond!
 
Thanks for visiting us today!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment