Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Holiday Packaging Tutorial

Hi there!

I have a new tutorial to share today.


I love to use up my extra bits and bobs for various scrappy projects on my gift packaging, so I thought I would share a couple with you.


Some may think it boring, but I love to wrap my holiday packages in plain kraft paper.  I personally really love the look, plus I like that it doesn't make my room look cluttered like it can with lots of gift wrap.  Though I must admit I do love pretty papers.  Of course, you can you this tip to coordinate with any wrapping you use.


Haul out your supplies, some white glue, a paint brush, glitter and chipboard alphas (I know you have a stash) to start.


 Paint the chipboard with glue and add some glitter, super quick and esy but oh so pretty.


Now for a little more fun factor, do you have a drawer like this?  My scrappy 'junk' drawer holds left over bits and pieces from die cut sheets, extra little embellies or die cuts  from I have made too many.  This is the perfect opportunity to use them up.


I had a little die cut doily from who knows when and some die cut trees from making Christmas cards, they both layered nicely with my glittered letter.


For this one, I pulled out a couple of die cut tags and added a couple of stamped paw prints.  This gift is for my youngest, from his puppies.


And here are my newly wrapped packages under my tree.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment