Sunday, May 1, 2011

Designer's May Reveal



Hello all and Happy May!

I love May, it usually means the true warm days are coming.  My anniversary is also in May and so is the Spring Retreat, not to mention Mother's Day!

This month I was fortunate enough to get to play with the boy's version of the "Fine and Dandy' collection by My Mind's Eye!It is super sweet and has a girl's version that is equally adorable.

Here is just a sampling of some of the papers and embellishments.....

 
  
Super inspiring right?

Here is a look at what I came up with.....
2 Scoops
I recently came across these pictures, at my Mother-in-law's house.  They were taken about 20 years ago of my eldest son and his Poppa enjoying an ice cream together.  They are dark and not the best as far as photo quality goes.  However, I love how they show a snippet of the relationship between these two "Christopher's" .  They enjoyed many many hours of fun together as Poppa was my son's caregiver when my husband and I were at our full time jobs. 
This collection comes with a stamp set, one of the stamps is a cloud, which I stamped onto patterned papers and then hand cut.  Inking the chipboard sun and adding buttons to the centre complete this little cluster of embellishments.
Layering chipboard flourishes with chipboard stars and flowers and topping them off with gems really help to add presence to these simple elements.
This banner was hand cut from one of the patterned papers and embellished with gems.  An easy but effective addition to my page.

7
I love scrapping everyday moments, and when I take a picture that shows off a sweet face, I have to scrap it.  Even if I only have one.  I want to give my boys lots of happy moments to look back on, as they get older.  This is not a birthday layout, just a layout of a seven year old boy.
These 'flags' are super easy to hand cut out of strips of patterned paper. layering them and adding some doodling gives them a bit more presence and creat a great place for my simple title.
 Sweet chipboard owls with an added button, for no other reason than that they are cute.
A chipboard phrase that makes a great sub-title and a good lesson to live by!  Also a great spot to add a little bling to a boy's page!

Happy
 I love that these papers are neutral enough to use for layouts of spring,  summer and fall.
Scraps of paper layered with an epoxy brad on top of a chipboard cloud are a perfect accent for this page.  I love to layer and cluster my embellishments, it gives them such a presence on the page.
 The 'happy' were individual chipboard elements that come as a part of this collection.  Is 'strung' them
You don't have to use the whole 12 inch piece of a chipboard border element, use some of it and save some for another project.
Decorative border punches also at dimension to a page.

Journey behind the Falls
A single page layout reminding me about a trip the three of us took to the falls a few years back to wind down.
Patterned paper wrapped around another piece of paper and anchored with epoxy brads is a quick and easy embellishment.
 Layering a stamped cloud with a chipboard cloud and a punch sun, all adorned with gems.
Partially handwritten and partially Thickers my title is highlighted with scalloped gems.


Mama's little baby
 A card to welcome a new baby.
The banner was cut from patterned paper and adorned with punched circles and tiny letter stickers, oh and there is always room for bling!


Birthday / thank you card
This card can be used for several occasions with this sweet chipboard sentiment.
 Stamped clouds layered with a sun created from a punch circle and scrap strips.


Favour box
A few leftover scraps adorn this sweet treat box, This is an easy but festive way to coordinate your loot holder for a party.

Wow, that seems like a lot!  Thanks for making it all the way to the end with me.  i would definitely recommend this collection for both everyday and celebratory pictures.

Laura
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I hope these will be at the retreat to really examine. They are so detailed I would love to see them up close.

    ReplyDelete