Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Modifying Album Inserts for a Different Album - Tutorial

Hi there!

I have a tutorial to share today, another one from my recent Simple Stories mini album.

When I created this mini album, the only one I had in my stash that was not slated for another project was this one.  It was plain white chipboard, I think it is from an older Teresa Collins line and measures 8.25 x 9.5 x 1.5", and came without inserts.

I did have some extra Simple Stories inserts in my stash, but as you can see the holes do not line up with the binder rings inside the album.

I figured I could fix that, and thought that I would share the process in case you are ever in the same position.  Note, this tip is not just for mini albums.

First, I measured the width of the hole punched edge of the inserts.

And then trimmed two pieces of paper at this measurement, in my case .5" wide, one for the front and one for the back of each page

I used my regular adhesive to adhere these paper strips to the edge of the inserts, effectively covering up the old holes, so that they would not be visible and ugly.

And trimmed them to length with scissors.

Next I created a template to punch new holes.

I used my big bite to add the holes to all of my album pages.

And now they fit this album just perfectly!

Thanks for joining me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment