Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Reveal with Laura and Simple Stories

Hi there!

Laura here sharing my monthly reveal today!  I was so fortunate to get to play with the "I am" collection from Simple Stories - it is amazing!






The colours and the add ons are just gorgeous!  I used these products in two different ways, first off I created a couple of layouts about me, and then I used it a little different and created a  mini album  about a day trip my family took.


This first page is  my take on the "I am " movement  I should remind myself of this more often - I am super hard on myself.  I thinks that is why I enjoyed creating this page so much, it is simple but effective.

I used some pop dots under these stickers for a bit of dimension.  The washi tapes from this collection is packaged in a really unique way, giving you just enough of each pattern, with a variety of widths and shapes.


Very simple and clean layers.


I added a few enamel dots form my stash.


Some fussy butting for a butterfly and some Liquid Glass added randomly to some of the sequins printed onto the page.


This next page i created to document what I am currently up to, nothing heavy really - but loads on my mind.


I fussy cut some flowers and added a sticker layrs as well, I love the effect.  Yo will also notice a little doodling.



I added enamel dots to this page as well, and some stitching too.


 More fussy cut layers.


And here is a little close up of my journaling, like I said nothing deep.  

It can be hard to scrapbook yourself at the best of times, never mind when you have a lot on your mind but gorgeous product sure does help!

Next up is the mini album I created....


It might seem like overkill to do an entire mini album for a day trip, but we did so much it seem like a great way to compile all of our memories together.  And there were many elements int he collection that reflected upon journey so I used them literally.

This is the front cover, obviously, which I had a lot of fun creating and I will be sharing a bit of a tutorial about the techniques and products used on it later int he month.  In the meantime, here are a couple of close up photos.



I decided to do an album that consists of mostly pocket pages , because Simple  Stories makes really great and versatile products that work perfectly for this application.


I like to add buttons and enamel dots, plus washi tape and stickers both on the inside and outside of my pockets.


I continued on with this simple repetitive style, but also added in a few other elements too like this fun fold page, on the right.


This is the inside of that page.  It is simple but I really love it. I will be sharing some tips on how to add these to your albums later in the month, as well.


I loved this post card - such a perfect spot to add some journaling.  I used a variety of sizes of pocket pages for interest and this election had a fun little insert for each size!


Then I created this fun pocket, it is a great way to add tickets and hidden journaling to an album.


Love the glob, and the pops of gold - we didn't travel far from home but an adventure is an adventure, right?


I also used one of the 4x6 cut apart cards, to document some of the things we did and saw that day.


Near the back I added two mini layouts.


Thanks for joining me today and sticking with me right to the end to see my story! Are you telling your story?

2 comments: