Wednesday, April 22, 2015

mini album page insert | Tutorial with Laura

Hi there!

Laura here with a fun tip for you today, when I shared my latest reveal, I shared a mini album that I created using the amazing "I am" collection by Simple Stories .  I thought I would share with you how I created this bonus page, it is really easy and adds a bit of extra dimension to my album.

I started out by measuring the height of the page, figuring that I would like it to come to the mid point between the 2nd and 3rd rings on my album.  This is 5.5 inches in my case, but yours could vary.  So I cut my patterned paper to 5.5 x 12 inches.


 Next I measured the width of my pages, which is 7 inches. This became my score line. 


 Thus making my page have a really great flap effect.


Next I rounded the 2 outer corners on the right, and punched my holes using another page as a template.


I decided to add a peek a boo effect on my page, so I choose a heart shaped die close to the size I was going for and ran it through my Cuttlebug, eyeballing the location.  I should have been more specific, but it turned out okay.


See...


And closed....


And in the album....


 And closed and embellished...


This is what it looks like opened and embellished.


Super fun and super easy!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment