Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Embossing with masks - Tutorial

Hi friends!

I have a fun tutorial to share today!

I love this technique, as it gives me another great reason to use two favorite tools.... my Cuttlebug and my masks! So let's get started!

You will need your manual die cutting tool (Cuttlebug, Sizziz, etc.), a mask, a silicone spacer and your B plates.

 Layer up your elements, placing your large plate, B plate and silicone mat below your paper and the mask above it.

 Like this.

 And the second B plate above.

 Then wind your sandwich through your machine. This is what you get, isn't that fantastic texture?

Then I decided to rub an ink pad lightly across it to add a bit of colour for contrast to the raised areas.

Doesn't it look amazing!  Love it!

 I decided to give it another try with a second favourite mask.

 Cool, right?

 ....with a little ink.

What do you think?   Will you be trying this technique out? Let me know if you do!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I love this technique...using what I already have..thanks Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I saw Jennifer McGuire do this but she has a Vagabond... and I was not sure you could do this with the bug, but all I need is the silicon mat!! Thanks Laura.

    ReplyDelete