Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Embossing Resist Tutorial

Hi there!

I thought I would share a little embossing resist tutorial with you today, you will need Versamark, clear embossing powder, a heat gun, and a couple of contrasting colours of mist.

I have created a card with this technique, but it would also be great on the background of a layout.



Start by stamping and embossing an image onto your base, heat set the embossing powder.


Now spray a little mist onto a craft mat (or a piece of recycled plastic - I try to reuse all my crafty garbage at least once before I toss it)  you will want a little puddle of each, you do not need a lot.


Using a baby wipe or a foam brush rub a little of the deepest colour across your embossed image, going a little wider than the image in all directions.  

 
Give the image a little clean up with a baby wipe to make the embossed area more visible.  The embossing gives you some working time.

 
Repeat the last two steps for each colour you choose to use.

 
After a final wipe, I used the tube / paint stamping technique from last week to put a ring around the age of the recipient of this card to play up on the image.  Then I mounted my base onto a card front and stamped a birthday sentiment.


I think I will give this a try on a layout, I think it could be a fun way to highlight some random stamping.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment