Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Halloween Mason Jar Tutorial

Hi there!

It's Laura here with a really quick Halloween tutorial to share with you today, for those of you last minute planners like I seem to be lately.

You may already know that I have a bit of a thing for mason jars, and candles.  So for this project I combined the two!


My mason jar candle holder is a little Halloween decor item, but you could just as easily make one for any occasion or for everyday.

I started out using my silhouette software and choosing a few designs that I created to adorn my jar.


I you notice in the photo above, there is a light blue rectangle, this is a little tip for you: to be sure my vinyl cut outs would fit my jar nicely (I didn't want to waste my vinyl) I measured the jar and 'drew' a rectangle in the software, this gave me a guideline as to how large my cut outs could be.

Next I cut out my shapes from black vinyl (be sure to move the blue rectangle off your cutting mat in your software).  Because they are pretty small, I didn't really feel the need to use the transfer paper to help place them in the correct position on the jar, but of course you should if your design is intricate or large.


A little dark and light, photography for you!

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

  1. Super cute idea!!!! I may have to make a few of these for Christmas with something on them :) Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete