Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Playing with Vellum - Tutorial

Hi there!

I have something fun to share today - a fun little tutorial.

It is probably not a secret to most of you, but I LOVE vellum.... you can do so much with with - soft layers, delicate embellies, sequin pockets .... and so forth.  But did you know that you could print photos on it?  Well, you sure can!


The other day I thought I should give it a whirl, so I got my baby all set up (an Epson Picturemate Charm - best photo printer evah!)  - now bear in mind that each printer may differ slightly but this is what I did.


My  first attempt didn't work, I cut the vellum to 4 x 6 inches and place it into the paper feed, well when I hit print it just fed the vellum straight through and gave me an error message (something about thickness, though I cannot remember the exact term). 

So on my second try I used Washi tape to temporarily secure the vellum to a piece of photo paper, it worked like a charm!  (I'd say no pun intended but if you skipped past the first part of this post you won't get it ;)


I dries pretty quickly, but I did set it aside for about  5 minutes to make sure.


I love the effect, soft and wispy, transparent while maintaining the definition of the photo.


So in case you want to try something a little different - give this a shot - it is fun and easy - I think it would look great in black and white too!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Another great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura this is FABULOUS!! Thank you for sharing *she MUST purchase herself a photo printer

    ReplyDelete