Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Designer's Monthly Reveal - Let it Snow with Echo Park

Hi there!

It's Laura here to share my monthly reveal with you.  I was lucky enough to play with Let it Snow by Echo Park, the blue tones are so pretty and I really love the contrast of the grey.


I also received a package of these Fancy Pants Filter Paper Embellishments to play with... 


I had fun using them in a couple of different ways.

Here are my projects...

I {heart} Winter

I used some white paint and blue Stickles from my stash.  I liked the idea of painting a 'mat' for my focal point.  I also added white paint to the edges of the filter paper embellishments and then finished them off by piercing some holes in them. The turned down corner is a really old technique but I am loving it all over again.

The sticker sheet from this collection has a fun mix of snowflakes and some other great images.

Snow much fun

For this layout, I created a snowflake mask to paint snowflakes onto my base paper, then I layered on some of the great patterned papers from the collection.  I created an icicle border Silhouette cut file and then cut it out of white cardstock for some contrast.  This time I gave the filter paper embellishment a bit of a twisted look and layered some of my stickers and my title onto it.  I love the way it pops, I added some Stickles to the filter paper and my title for fun factor.

Winter Wonder

 I really love the way these papers and embellishments pop off of this grey base paper.  I also like that it is a reflection of the sky in this photo taken after a recent ice storm.  This time I used the filter papers to anchor my layers of patterns and then added some stitching to help show them off.  I also added some paint on my background using a 'bubble wrap' stamp.  I like that it looks like snow.  The title was created by using stickers from the sticker sheet as well as my Silhouette, I love the contrast and layered look. At the bottom of my focal point you can see that I added another icicle border that also has Stickles on it, then I layered up a pearl flourish that I rec'd in the kit, which also looks like a flurry of snow (so cool) and some stickers from the collection. I really like how they look all layered together.

Thanks for visiting (again) today!
Laura
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. What a great job, Laura! I bought this paper too and can hardly wait to use some of your ideas, especially the paint.

    ReplyDelete