Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Step fold Card - Tutorial

Hi there!

I have a new tutorial to share with you today, this one is a little no to our card maker friends.  I have seen these step cards around for a while now , but haven't made one as of yet.  so I figured it was high time I did so, and I also figured I would share it here in case you are like me and need the 'how to's' listed for you!  I found the instructions on the Splitcoast Stampers website.

You will need:

a 5.5 x 11 piece of card stock
a scoring tool of some sort
a paper trimmer
plus whatever you want to use to make it pretty!

Working along the longest length, place your cardstock into your trimmer at the 1 inch mark.  Now cut starting at 1 inch to the 6.5 inch mark.  You will end up with a slit in your card like the photo.

Repeat the last step for the opposite side of your card.

Now you will start scoring,  from the outside edge score to the newly cut slit, at 1 inch, 2 inches and 6.5 inches.

Repeat for the opposite side.
Now score between the two slits at the 5.5 inch mark (ignore my photo as I know the measurement is off!)

Now go ahead and fold along your score lines, like so.

Now you can start dressing your card.
 


Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment