Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tutorial Wednesday - Easel Card

Hello there!

We are half way through a fantastic week, and I have a cute tutorial to share with you!

Today we will be making an easel card.  Just a fun fold technique to jazz up your next card a little bit!

Start with a 4 x 8 inch piece of card stock and score at the centre point (4 inch) and then at the 6 inch mark.

The 4 inch piece is the interior of your card, go ahead and add patterned paper as you wish.  You will see I kept my design fairly simple, using a subtle pattern ad the base so that I can write on it when I give it away.

You will need something with a bit of dimension to act as a 'holder' on the interior base of your card.  I have chosen to add a sentiment to a little die cut and pop it up using pop dots for mine. This will hold your card in the open position for display.

You get a better idea of what I mean here, I also added a couple of layered die cut flowers to mine just for fun!

You get a better idea of how your card will sit in this photograph.

Now we are going to address the front.  I am using another patterned paper to decorate the front of my card.

Just be sure to also crease / score this patterned paper so that your card sits properly.

Now you can add whatever image you desire to the front of your card.  Or even a die cut.

And don't forget to glam it up... more flowers and some bling are what I went with for my card.

Here is a side view for you.

A little close up.

And another.

And here is a full picture of my card.  It will sit flat in an envelope by unfolding the top / front of the card.
Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I just made an easel card last week ... I'll admit that I could have used this tutorial :) ... you always make things seem so easy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete