Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June Featured Customer

 Hello blog Friends!

We have asked Suzanne Carlsen-Skunca to be our Featured Customer this month.  Suzanne is a terrific girl, great Mom and talented scrapper.  I had the pleasure of rooming with her at the last retreat , she is another late night scrapper like me so it was a perfect fit.  We had a great time with lots of laughs.

Let's take a minute to get to know Suzanne better, here are her answers to our standard FC questions....
1.   How long have you been scrapbooking?

 I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years. I started just after Dana (my 2nd child) was born.
2.  Do you also create hand made cards?

No, but I wish I did.
3.  Who is your favourite subject to scrapbook?

My favourite subject is my family. I love scrapbooking my kids. I love being reminded of the moments captured with each picture, it keeps me grounded and focused. I love being able to return to those feelings when I look at the pages and I love seeing how the pages remind them of the memories as well (even if they don't pay as much attention to the design details).
4.  Where do you find your scrapbooking inspiration?

From a variety of sources. Blogs, other scrapbookers, magazines. One of the places I love right now (besides your blog :) is Big Picture Classes. Some of the classes have really made me question the "why" of why I scrapbook, and have helped me recognize and return to the memory keeping aspect of it.
5.  Where do you scrapbook?

Mostly at day crops and retreats. Whenever ScrapMuch? puts on an event and I can make it I'm there!! So excited about the retreat in November that was just announced!
6.  What is one of your current favourite products?

This is tough. I think I'll actually have to say how much I love my We R Memory Keepers albums. I love the quality and the look. I make a lot of use of brads, journalling spots and Bazzill Basics flowers. And I'm a little addicted to Thickers.

7.  Do you have a blog that we can share with our readers?

Not currently. I'm working on putting one together focusing on the changes I'm making in my life. Fitness and food wise. Along with how I'm spending some time on myself (scrapbooking and reading - 2 of my pleasures in life :) I think it will keep me focused and accountable, particularly on the fitness front.
And  here are some of Suzanne's favourite layouts that she has created, we can see why!
I love that Suzanne journals, these words will be very important to our children later.

This layout features beautiful colours, and yes a flower on a masculine layout, good for you Suzanne, and more of your beautiful journaling.

If  that babe and her beautiful blue eyes weren't enough, this layout is lovely too!

I love that Suzanne has scrapped herself.  As the Mom's, the memory keeps and often the 'glue' we are important in the story of our family,  good for you Suzanne for including yourself!
I love that Suzanne used tulle and acetate on this layout.


Beautiful little handmade flowers.  I'd say she's been following along and trying out some techniques, but this gal is pretty crafty!
A big thank you to Suzzane for playing along this month, we really appreciate our friends and customers.

If you would like to be a featured customer send me an email here, I NEED a scrapper for our August feature, and going forward from there.  If you enjoy this feature as much as those of us at ScrapMuch? do, sign up for your turn today!

No comments:

Post a Comment