Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Designer's June Reveal

Hello friends!

This month I was lucky enough to receive the

collection from American Crafts, to play with.

i know there are mixed feelings out there about this collection, but let me tell you that i love it!  I love the retro feel to these patterns and embellishments.  It was super fun to play with, and I got more into it the more I created!


My first layout is a 'boy' page.  I love this photo of Timmy, he's "all that" !
I kept this layout fairly simple, using only the blues and greys from this collection.  The coordinating embellishments are really fun.  I add brads and gems from my stash and sprinkled them around the page.  And then I created a few of my own embellishments, the sun and the cloud.




Yes you can use hot pink when you are scrapping a little boy, why not? It's a fun and bright colour just like little boys are!  This photo was taken of Timmy and I as we are taking a dinner break at Disney's Animal Kingdom and trying to cool down.
 I love using several patterned papers on my layouts, at least three, usually more.  This layout also features "Sew Easy" stitching and 'lollipop' flowers.  Don't forget to cluster your embellies, the hold more attention when they are grouped. I also did a bit of doodling, albeit with a ruler!



I'm sorry the photo on this layout  is so hard to see, it is a picture of my husband and our Timmy on the Dumbo ride at the Magic Kingdom.  I really like how the retro feel of these papers lends itself so well to the retro-ness (I know that's not a workd ;) ) of Dumbo.

In lieu of a large scalloped boarder punch I punched several circles and layered them down in a row, slightly overlapping each one and also alternating colours.  I really like this effect and will use it again.  All of the little flowers are hand cut, it's not as intimidating as it looks, and a great thing to do while watching tv or chatting.  These really only took me a few minutes to cut out.  I added gems and 'blobs' of Glassy Accents to my flower centres.  And some piercing along the bottom of the layout.  All pierced holes do not need to be for stitching, some times it's just fun.



I love this photo I found while cleaning out my Mother-in-law's house.  Actually we found what amounts to 2 of the largest Rubbermaid totes full of photos.  This was taken of my in-laws in 1953, here in Hamilton, while their parents were visiting them from England.
 The old black and white photo really stands out nicely on this peach patterned paper.  Some punched butterflies, stitching and doodling, give this layout some charm and a sort of vintage feel.



This is a fun, spring-ish Mother's Day card I created using this collection.
I love these Iris fold flowers and how easy they are to create.  You can even add more layers with smaller circles.


This is a birthday card I made for ScrapMuch? owner, Anita,  I love the way my little doily die goes so nicely with these papers and that the browns makes it a little more 'now'.



This is a coordinating pillow box that I decorated to match the card, which held  a little gift I gave to her.



See doesn't this paper just make you want to create now? I think you can find creativity and a use for almost every type of paper there is on the market.  So don't dismiss something just because it doesn't speak to you right away, sort through your pictures you may surprise yourself!

Thank you for stopping by and sticking it out to the very end of this long post.
Lura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment