Thursday, October 1, 2015

Laura's Monthly Reveal | Something Wicked | My Mind's Eye

Hello there and Happy October!


Laura here, sharing my monthly reveal with you, as you would think I got to play with some super fun Halloween goodies! I am just loving this "Something Wicked" collection by My Mind's Eye!  Have a look at what I got:


This paper pack is just the right size with 6 double sided papers, some are even glittery!  It also includes a glittery alpha set, which is super sticky and a fun stickers sheet!


This set of pin back flair is super cool, I am loving that this is the perfect collection for kids and adults of all ages that enjoy Halloween fun!

I also received two Tim Holtz products and I know you are going to want to get your hands on these!


This stencil was too fun to play with!


And these skull embellishments are super wicked!

SPOOKTACULAR FUN


I started out creating this two page layout, because I loved this orange paper with the dolled up skull! I tied my two sides together by having an orange paper on the right side of page one, so that the colours flow nicely across to page two.  I also used the glittered stripe paper and the paper with skulls with orange glasses on both sides of the layout to also help tie the pages together.


As you can see I played with the stencil on the background on both sides and followed up with some orange Glimmerglaze sprinkled around.  




After that I added my title and a bit of embellishing.  I added a button, twine and thread from my stash to complete the layout.  I wanted a little something to help the button stand out a bit while shuffling things around on my desk trying to decide what to use, I noticed that the sticker sheet has a lot of negative space, so I grabbed a punch and got busy!


The sticker sheet has a great texture, almost linen -ish, so that adds a bit to my page as well.

 ZOMBIE ATTACK


For this page, I began with the pattern with the large random circles of various black and white patterns on the solid black base.  I trimmed a half inch off one side and the bottom, distressed the edges and then sewed it to a piece of cream coloured cardstock, using a couple of different stitches.



I covered a couple of the patterned circles on the background and added an extra one to bring in some orange, as this paper was originally black and white.



Then I layered up some fun patterns under myfocal point / photo and began embellishing.  Along with the stickers and flair from the kit, I added buttons and silver sparkly enamel dots from my stash.

HALLOWEEN HOME DCOR


The stickers in the kit screamed Halloween decor to me and since I have been wanting to do something like this for a while, now seemed like the perfect time!  I sent hubby on a while goose chase for some interesting looking bottles, and he found some great ones!  Homesense, 3 for $11.00 - gotta love that and the man!

After adhering the stickers to the front of the jars, I poured in water coloured with food colouring.


I used a couple of the little Tim Holtz skulls to top of 2 of the bottles.


The third, and largest bottle, had a metal loop on the top of it, which I tied a braided tassel to, created from bakers twine.

Then I adhered a skull to the bottom of the tassel.


I know that these fun jar will be a part of our Halloween decor for years to come.  I can simple dump out the water and refill again next year.

Supply List: My Mind's Eye patterned papers, stickers flair and alphas; American Crafts cardstock and buttons; Your Next Stamp enamel dots; Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Glimmerglaze; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher; Doodlebug twine.

Thank you so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

  1. SPOOKtacular pages Laura!!! So fun and love those bottles

    ReplyDelete