Wednesday, February 25, 2015

One Stamp 3 Ways - Tutorial

Hi there!

Laura here sharing a tutorial with you today. When deciding what kind of a tutorial to share with you this week, I came up with a sort of three for one tutorial using stamps.  I don't often remember or embrace stamping, I definitely need more practice at it.  So I challenged myself to share a few techniques with you, utilizing a single stamp.

I decided to use this stamp set, and specifically the grid type stamp since it was a gift from ScrapMuch? at one of the Fall Retreats.

 The first idea is really really simple, just stamp on to scrap paper....

 .. trim out and use as a journalling area on a layout.

 For my second tip, I stamped the image 4 times onto a card base.

 Then I painted in the squares and rectangles using water colour paints.

I love the vibrant look.  It does curl slightly but will flatten when adhered onto a card.

This is what my finished card looks like with my bold geometric background.

For my last idea, I wanted to share with you a tip about stamping onto layouts.

I started by layering my photo onto a few pieces of pattern papers in a colour combo that I like.

Then I used some distress inks to create two focal areas on my background page.

Then with my stamp, and NO block, I random stamped partial images onto the background.

 This is what the finished background looks like.

 Here is a little close up for you.

And this is my finished page.

This is also a great stash busting layout, as I just went through all my goodies and pulled out items in the colours I wanted to play with.

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a beautiful layout! I love the stamping technique you used and how much it looks like the same techniques used in digital scrapbooking! Wow! TFS! I'm definitely going to have to "attempt" the look! Lol... although it probably won't turn out right! Worth a try right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will share it with us, Elise, when you are finished!

      Delete
  2. love the card and the layout. great ideas

    ReplyDelete