Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Altered Stamps - Tutorial

Hi there!


Laura here today with a new tutorial to share with you today. Actually it is more of a tip. But I will warn you it is not for the faint of heart ;)

I have amassed quite a collection of stamps, as I am sure a lot of you have.   I really try to make an effort to use them, though I am not the best stamper.

In order to use them a little more often, I have altered a few to make them work better for me or be more suitable to me.

Here are a couple of examples.


This is a fun background stamp that I picked p a long, long time ago.  I have used it a fair bit, but the last time I used it I no longer loved it.  I decided that I didn't like the solid lines and it should be more distressed.


So I took a strong pair of scissors and started snipping away at the lines in a random sort of fashion so that the solid lines and especially the border/edge was more broken up.


Now my stamp stamps like this and I love it!  It is just perfect for when I want to create a lovely messy background!

If you are still with me and I haven't shocked you too much, check out what I often do to my sentiment stamps.


From this.....


To this...

I find I get much more use out of them this way, I can mix up the sentiments and create new ones and I do not have to purchase as many!  Just be careful not to cut the actual words.

Does this give you any ideas?  Will you be altering any of your stamps?

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. I use washi when I want to alter my stamps just in case I ever want to sell them.

    ReplyDelete