Sunday, February 1, 2015

Jubilee by My Mind's Eye reveal with Laura

Hi there!

Laura here today, sharing my monthly reveal!  I had so much fun playing with the Jubilee - Sherbert collection from My Mind's Eye!

Look at all the amazing colours and goodies in this collection - it is like spring on paper!  


This is the first page that I created, with the most recent photo of my husband and I, taken on New Year's Eve.  I have been wanting to create a large die cut piece and fill in the open areas with pattern papers for a while now and these papers seemed perfect for this technique!


After creating the die cut and piecing it together on my background paper, I had some fun with embellishing my layout with die cut pieces, chipboard stickers and really fun epoxy pieces!


How much do we love the pops of silver in this collection!



This page began with a few simple layers and a large heart.  I love the way great embellishments pull the look together!  The page reflects the happiness of my eldest and his girlfriend.



I cannot get enough of this colour combo the purple, turquoise and the acid green-yellow are amazing together!


The chipboard sticker sheet had so many great pieces that make fabulous titles - such an easy way to add a title to a page!


This third page, came to be after my youngest son told me that this paper reminded him of coloured Easter eggs.  And he is completely right, with the variations in the tones of these papers I totally get it!

I actually looked through my stash of Easter photos but the colours weren't quite right and converting them to black and white diminished their
festive feel.  But I did remember I had these photos of my son playing with chicks and they are just perfect for this collection!


These silver chipboard feathers that look like little fluffy chick feathers were just too perfect for my page!



Remember I mentioned how fun the epoxy pieces in this collection were?  So darling!



I have recently read an article about gratitude journals, and it really spoke to me.  The idea for the journal is to make a quick and simple list of 5 things that you are grateful for each day.  Easy right?

So I decided to decorate a simple notebook to use as my gratitude journal. Love that large silver chipboard doily!


And then I wrapped up my Jubilee play time with this sweet card.


I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed playing with this collection, it is the perfect mix of fun and cheerfulness to chase away the mid winter blues ;) and there are so many types of pages that you could create with it.

So glad you visited today!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment