Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Adding paint to a layout - tutorial

Hi there!

It's Laura here wit a tutorial to share today!  Lately I have been playing with crafts paints on my layouts.  Today I thought I would share a few ways to add paint to your pages.

 You probably have some acrylic craft paints in your cupboard, I like to work with neutrals, so today I will be using white.  I tend to keep my scrappy supply packages to use as disposable paint palettes, and I like to work with foam brushes, that way if I forget to wash them out right away I can toss them, plus they give a nice effect and coverage.

You can use any mask you like, I happen to cup this one with my Silhouette as I liked the pattern. (FYI - I have used this mask over a half dozen times and it ti still going strong.)

I used washi tape to hold the mask in place on my base paper.

Then I added the paint with a pouncing motion using the foam brush, in a few strategic areas, being careful not to be too 'square" with it.

 Then I moved the mask to the upper corner and repeated the process.

 Once the paint was dry i added a few flicks on mist.  (The paint dries quite quickly.)

 Next I cut several other elements that I wanted to add to my page.

Using the same paint brush, I added paint around the edges to each piece.  Do not worry about perfection, this is for FUN!

Then I laid the pieces out to dry, it only takes a few minutes.  I like to save my discarded Silhouette mat covers for this, as the painted elements to do stick to the mat as they would to paper.

Then I started laying out my page.


 You can see here I even added paint to my photo.

And this is my finished page, I love it!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment