Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Accordian Fold Butterfly Tutorial

Hi there!

I have a new tutorial to share with you. Wow this is the last one in my stash I better get busy creating some more for you!

Start with a 3" x 3" square of patterned paper.  (Well, really any size you want to create.) You will also need some twine or floss.

Fold the paper in half.

Now trim it into a sort of vase-like shape.  You can free hand cut this or pre-draw it with a pencil, it does not have to be perfect, so do not sweat it.

Open up the paper and score at 1/4 inch intervals, across the width of the shape.

Fold up along the score lined and secure in the centre with some floss.

It should look like this. Be sure to leave some lengths of floss for antennae.

Then gently pull open the folds on either side of the centre tie to create your butterfly.

How is that for cute and simple!  And no special tools, you gotta love that!

Thanks for joining me today!
laura
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love it....that is adorable! You are so smart! I am going to have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tip! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete