Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tips and Techniques Wednesday - Puffy Heart Embellie

Hi there!

I created this layout based on a sketch from LGS....

 Which has this sweet puffy heart embellie!
Today , I am back with a quick "how to" for you!


 You will need, a needle with a large eye, embroidery floss or baker's twine of your choice and some fabric.

When my son wears through his jeans, I cut the legs off to make them into shorts - they are perfect for fishing, catching frogs and other mucky play times at our trailer.  I like to keep the bottom half of the jeans to use in crafts or to make patches for other pants.

Anyway, I digress, what I should just say is I used denim for my hearts!  That makes them a little more masculine for my 'boy' pages!


Start by cutting a heart out of your fabric.... the old school way of folding your fabric in half and cutting out a half heart works perfectly for this.

  Now trace the heart you have cut onto piece of denim.

 Now you have two identical hearts.

 Place your two hearts, wrong sides, together and start stitching around them.

 Leave a gap to add some stuffing.... you can use cotton batting, cotton balls or even a little tissue - whatever you have on hand.

 And then finish stitching your heart closed.


Cute right?  This is a super quick and easy embellie.  You can create it with any fabric scraps you have on hand - from felt to muslin to t-shirts you are about to throw away.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Perfect! I was looking for the perfect
    star embellie and denim would be perfect!
    Thanks for the great idea
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this embellie!! Super cute and gives nice dimension to the layout!

    ReplyDelete