Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Background Tutorial

Hi there!

I have a new tutorial to share today.  Lately I have been admiring the look some scrappers are creating on their backgrounds.  Karen on the  Sketch DT, used it on a few of her recent creations and I have surely been loving it - but honestly I thought it must be a convoluted process to create something so pretty - um wrong!

Well the other day I sat down to give it a try, so easy, so fun and so pretty - that's all I can say!  Check it out....

You will need a Tim Holtz distress ink pad (or other brand of alcohol ink pad),a mist bottle with water in it, a craft mat and a piece of white cardstock.


So let's get started.

Start by rubbing the ink pad around on your craft mat in approximately the size you would like it on your paper. (Note - I am recycling a Silhouette mat cover in lieu of a craft mat.  They work really well, are washable and can be reused several times.  I always keep the covers when I have to discard a mat.)

 This is what it should look like.

Now give your inked area a light mist with the water in your misting bottle.  Add some variety by misting more heavily in some areas than others.

This is what it will look like. So far, so easy right?

 The last step is to place your cardstock over the concoction you just created, pressing lightly where you want the most impact.

 This is the project, that I created with my misted - watery background.  I just love it.  FYI, it dries really quick without aid.

Now back to the homemade craft mat ;)
 A quick wipe with a baby wipe and it is ready to go again.
 Honestly these little babies are super, I have even washed them is a sink of warm soapy water!. Bear in mind, the craft mats can be used with heat tools, this one cannot. Lucky you, two tips in one day!
 (inquire with the ladies at ScrapMuch? about ordering these in for you if you would like a multi purpose option)

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

1 comment: