Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Stitched Titles and Sentiments Tutorial

Hi there!

Happy Wednesday!  I have a new tutorial for you.  A long, long while ago I shared a tutorial on hand stitched titles, suggesting that you stitch over your hand writing to create a title on your layout.  Now, I know that many of us do not like our handwriting, so I have revisited this technique to come up with something that we might like a little more.

I printed out my title/sentiment the size I need for my project.  You can simply use the Word Document program on your computer.  If you are like me, you may need to print out a couple of sizes to ensure you get one that suits your project. Or if you have a Silhouette, you can print from your project design screen... this is really nice as you can get it the exact size you need the first time!

 Now, gather up your printed title, the element you are going to be stitching on, a needle and embroidery floss, a piercing tool and mat, and a couple of paper clips.
 I know it is a little hard to tell in this photo, but I like to hold my printed text and the paper I am stitching on up to the light so that I can check to make sure I have good alignment.  Clip it into place, so it holds titght while piercing.
 I decided to only pierce / stitch along one side of my letters, but you could pierce along both sides for a different look.
 Now remove your printed template to reveal your pierced guide.
 And start stitching.
Doesn't it  look great when it is all done?  And it really only took a couple of minutes!
I added my stitched piece to this card as a sentiment.  I think it turned out great!  Stay tuned in a couple of weeks I will be sharing another tip based on this card.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Super fun idea ... I love how easy this is to do without a template!

    ReplyDelete