Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January Reveal - Pebbles and Mini 8

Hi there!

I know I am a day late, but it was a planned tardiness, as I wanted the sketch challenge winner to be a feature on the blog yesterday!

But without further adieu here are my projects for this month's reveal.  This month I received a Mini 8 punch to play with, I also used some of the Walnut Grove collection by Pebbles.


First up a little gift card holder,  I used the pretty yellow papers for the simple reason that this floral paper reminds me of the wallpaper I had in my room as a child, it still makes me smile!

 Here is a better view of the front and a picture of the inside, as well.
 
Then I created this layout, featuring a photo of my husband,  youngest son and our dogge.  We love to go for long walks, and my youngest likes waterfalls, thankfully our city has many of them.  I loved this colour combo for this sunny photo.
 I used the Mini 8 punch to create a focal point for my photo and I used a portion of the die cut was added to the upper corner of my layout.
 I love these corrugated Thickers that go so well with this collection and the fun sticker elements for Walnut Grove.

Then I created this layout, using the Mini 8 punch in a different way.  I love the way the black in these papers helps my photo pop.
 I punched only one corner (or course you could do more) and adhered a patterned paper behind it to help the pretty die cut area really pop. I also added some hand-stitching to further enhance this area.
 This pretty layered butterfly is part of the Dimensional Sticker Sheet that coordinated with this collection.  I couldn't resist adding a stitched 'flight trail' to it.
 I added button centres to the flower stickers as well as a few hand cut leaves for pop.
 A few more layered embellies on the other side of the photo, as well as some more stitching.
 oh, and even more stitching!  I love to do this while I watch TV!

Lastly, I altered a Cricut cartridge box (I store my cartridges in a couple of these) ....
 I used the Mini 8 again to die cut a 'doily' to act as the focal point.  I love that this box has a magnet closure.
 It now holds all my little ink pads that I use to ink the edges of my projects.

Have you created with this collection?  Leave us a comment with a link, so we can hadn a look!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects - love the sewing on the second layout !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh wow... Very cool!! Love the pages and hr box... The punch is great! Love t too! Thanks for sharing..
    Toni.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these projects Laura! The layout is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... just love these Laura! Your hand sewing is seriously amazing! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete