Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August Reveal

Hi there!

For my reveal this month, I was lucky enough to get to play with some of Studio Calico's 'Take Note' collection!  I had so much fun working with this collection, and challenged myself to do something a little different for me.

These are the layouts that I created....
 For this first layout, I created a layout that feels like me, adding lots of layers and patterns along with some fun embellies.  I used a photo of my husband and I, taken before we went out to celebrate our 25th anniversary.
 This large flower was created with some ruffled ribbon a d a Gluber, then adding a 'Take Note' pin on top.
 I wanted to cut my title right into the patterned paper I chose to use as a base for my photo.  However, I am away on vacation and did not bring my Cricut, so I had to hand cut it!  Yikes!  Actually it wasn't as bad as I had feared.  Then I adhered another patterned paper behind it and did some messy doodling around it.
These butterfly sticker come with the collection and each sheet hold dozens in each of two colours.  I love them and and a little rhinestone in the centre gives them some pop!


 Next up is this layout created with large cut out sun rays on the base page.  This grid work on the paper makes it really easy to cut our the rays.  I flipped over the pattern and re-inserted the pieces into the same spots.  I adhered the whole thing onto a spare piece of cardstock to anchor it all together.  A hand cute piece of green cardstock and some punched pattern pieces create a really great frame fro this photo of me and my husband playing in the sun this summer.
 I made some fun lollipop flowers by punching various sized circles in several of the patterns.
 These little wooden birds from this line are so cute.  I adhered them to stick pins to make them even more fun!

Some green Mr. hue's mist finishes it off nicely!

 This layout, is completely different for me.  And that is one of the reasons I love it.  it was a lot of fun to create but oddly even though it looks simple, I did end up putting a lot of thought into it!  First I started out by laying down a grid pattern with Washi tape, but you could just as easily use strips of paper.  I didn't measure it, just eyeballed it.  I also made some of the space double wide.  Then I added squares and rectangles of patterned papers randomly to some of the spaces.
 After adding my photo I started embellishing.  Beginning with this large flower made from frayed cotton twill, a Gluber, and a pin form this collection.
 Then I set about adding embellies into random locations, trying to add balance to my layout.

 I also added some stitching, into the spaces that I left blank.

There, as you can see I had a lot of fun with this collection.  It is all available in the store, and you should grab it while you can.  Challenge yourself to create something a little different too!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Wow ... these are all incredible ... I love all the "cutting out" that you did ... and that layout with the Washi tape is so fun and unique! All so inspiring! Thanks Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those 3 layouts are amazing and very very inspiring ! Thank you so much for sharing them, I think I see some scraplifting in my future if you don't mind ! I love your use of the tape on the third one. To me, the butterflies on the first layout evoke the time that flies and the many happy years to come at the same time, just perfect for the theme !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete