Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tutorial Wednesday - DIY Polaroid

Hi there!

It's is Wednesday, or hump day as some of us say.  The perfect day to get your creative juices flowing with a little tutorial. 

I created this layout based on a sketch (you can view all of the details should you should to, on my personal blog here)......
.......It was a great sketch to work with.  It originally suggested a circular photo as the focal point, but I really have a hard time doing that.  It reminds me too much of my very early scrapbooking days that just well, make me cringe.

So I decided to do a faux Polaroid as a way of incorporating a smaller photo and keeping the scale of the sketch the same, and not having  to deal with my little phobia ;)  .

 To start off with, choose a photo that you can easily trim down to 4" x 4".
  Now cut a piece of cardstock to 4" x 4.5".  Then cut at 1/4" along the top and two sides and at the 3.75" mark at the bottom edge.

You should end up with something like this, it measures 4" x 4.5" on the outside and the top and sides measure .25" thick, and the bottom edge measures .5" thick.    
 Adding it over the top of your photo makes a cute retro inspired Polaroid!  A nice little twist on a traditional mat.  And as in the case of this photo, as well as the one I used in the layout above, it reduces some of the background 'noise' to better focus on the subject.

Hope you enjoyed this fun little tutorial!

Thanks for visiting, you know we love it when you do!
Laura
xoxo







1 comment: